Normally, a bridge refers to the relationship between two places. In the same way, conventional dental bridges are dentures that are attached to adjacent teeth.
The crown type structure of the supporting teeth is attached to the dentures. This bridge is made of porcelain metal. If you're looking for dental implants in Pleasanton, CA, you can browse various online sources.
Conventional bridges are teeth that are placed next to a gap that is shaved backward and the bridge is made according to the size of the teeth. Then placed with a strong adhesive. This is used to replace the back teeth.
Use of Conventional Bridges:
Here, a strong bridge structure is needed and this can also be used to replace missing teeth. Teeth support must be healthy and no infection. Teeth that are full of root canals are hardly strong.
This Bridge Implementation Method:
- First, the area to be operated is made numb using local anesthesia. Teeth on both sides of the missing tooth were reduced by 1mm.
- The dental technician will then take impressions to develop the bridge.
- Sometimes, a temporary conventional bridge has to be installed.
- At the second appointment, the temporary crown must be removed and then the actual bridge will be tried to check its appearance and compatibility.
- Eventually, this will be cemented in that place.
Are there alternative treatments?
In addition, there are several other treatments that can be used to replace missing teeth and fill gaps.
- Using Adhesive Bridges (for front teeth)
- Using Dentures
- Denture implants
- Leave the gap as is.