Whether it's summer season sandals or boots, you might think it's time to do something about it bunion jutting out at the base of your big toe.
Doctors call that bunion hallux valgus. Formed when the bone or tissue in the joint at the bottom of the big toe moves out of place. Years of abnormal motion and pressure on the big toe joint forces bend toward the other, leading to an often-painful bunion on the joints. You may visit grandcentralpodiatry.com/ to know more about bunion treatment.
This joint at the base of the big toe carries much weight you while walking so that bunions can cause severe pain and constant. joints can become so stiff and sore that it is painful to wear shoes.
Treating bunions without surgery
Bunions are permanent unless surgically repaired. But there are some steps you can take to become more comfortable or to slow the progression of this bunion
- Maintain your weight.
- Protect the bunion with a gel-filled pad or moleskin, which you can easily buy at the drug store.
- Use shoe inserts to help position the foot correctly. It can be over-the-counter arch supports or prescription orthotic devices.
- Under the guidance of a doctor, wear a splint at night to hold the legs straight and reduce discomfort.
- Taking anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal such as ibuprofen.
- Use warm soaks, ice pack, Whirlpool, ultrasound, and massage.
- Buying well-fitting shoes with it extensively in the toe area. Shop at a store where the staff measure your foot and can match you with the right shoes.