While hardwood and carpet have been the most popular flooring options for decades, tile is fast becoming a staple in homes, apartments, and offices around the globe.
Although carpet is synonymous with comfort, hardwood is associated with elegance. However, tile is versatile in a multitude of ways. Tile is easy to clean and maintain, and it also offers safety and beauty benefits.
Tile installation is a popular choice for homeowners and commercial property managers. If you are planning for a tiling project for your home and bathroom, you can seek help from tiling experts in Perth.
* Tile is more affordable than hardwood. Carpet is also less expensive than tile. However, carpet maintenance and replacement costs are higher than tile.
* Tile is the most simple flooring material to maintain. Carpet fibers will invariably collect allergens and other harmful toxins, which can pose a danger to your family's health. Hardwood on the other side has a tendency to change colors and warp when it is exposed to humid climates and liquids.
* Tile is also resistant to water damage making it a great choice for bathrooms and kitchens.
* Often, homeowners will have to replace their flooring if they spill wine or other colored liquids onto their carpet. A mop and some towels can be used to clean up any liquid spilled onto the tile.
* The majority of tiles are now covered with a thin, non-slip layer that will help prevent slip-and-fall accidents.
A tile specialist can help homeowners who are considering replacing their existing flooring with tile. They will be able to tell you more about tile and how it can enhance the value of your home.