In this post, we will discuss stepwise instructions for the Netgear Wi-Fi extender Ex2700 setup using the Netgear Genie interface. This post has been curated according to the firmware version 188.8.131.52 and higher. If you are using the older version, then you will have to follow different instructions.
To install the Ex2700:
- Plug the extender into the outlet and wait for Power LED to turn solid green.
- Use a computer or laptop to connect to the SSID. You can also use a wired connection for installing Ex2700.
- Once the client device gets connected, you will find the device LED for the respective field turns on.
- Open the browser on your computer and go to the Mywifiext.net page.
- Click ‘Next extender setup’.
- Complete the setup process by implementing the on-screen instructions.
- Tap ‘Next’ to go to the next screen.
- The account that is being opened on the screen is for Ex2700 only, so enter the login details like username and password.
- Select the network you want to extender from the list of networks.
- Enter the passkey for the same wireless network and select ‘Next’.
Note: If you don’t know the gateway or wireless network password, then don’t try to attempt entering the wrong password again and again. This may block the Wi-Fi extender login page. It’s better to get www.mywifiext.net Netgear extender support for this purpose.
- Enter the preferred name of the network and security settings. Tap ‘Next’ to go to the next step.
- If you want to configure different security types on the range extender, then select the option, ‘Use different password’ and select the different security types.
- Connect the wireless device to the Ex2700 wireless settings and press ‘Continue’.
- The New Ex2700 is now configured as a range extender. You need to click on ‘Next’ to go to the registration page.
- Press ‘Yes’ to exit the setup once finished.
This is all about the steps to configure the range extender using the Netgear setup wizard. For more information or support, you can contact Netgear experts available 24×7.