Storm drains are man-made channels that collect rain, snow and runoff from streets, roofs and parking lots. When these pollutants fill the storm drain, they can block culverts, pipes and other drainage systems, causing flooding in low-lying areas. You can avail the benefits of clogged stormwater drains through various online sources.
Here are some tips to avoid blocked stormwater drains:
- Avoid dumping debris from your roof into the storm drain. This includes leaves, branches, needles and broken glass.
- Keep sidewalks clear of snow and ice so that ice won’t form on utility lines.
- Report any blockages or flooding to your local government authority as soon as possible.
Storm drains are underground pipes that carry rain water, snow and ice away from your home. When they become blocked, you can end up with flooding inside your home.
Here are some tips on how to prevent blockages:
- Clear away any debris near the drain, including branches, leaves, and flowers.
- Make sure the drain is free of tree roots and other large objects.
- Never pour oil, gasoline, or any other liquid down a storm drain.
Before making any repairs to a plumbing system you should use some form of tape or clamp to help hold surfaces together. For example, if you're trying to remove garbage disposal and need to transfer it somewhere else, you can use duct tape or PVC pipe insulation for this purpose.